Friday, January 20, 2012
Monday, January 9, 2012
Event Dates: July 14-16, 2012
Application Deadline: Feb 5, 2012
The Girls' World Forum (GWF) is a conference jointly hosted by GSUSA and WAGGGS at which girls, ages 14 to 18 years old, from all over the world will come together to discuss and develop action steps to address the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDG) of eradicating extreme poverty and hunger, promoting gender equality and empowering women, and ensuring environmental sustainability. Girl participants will be given an opportunity to meet and interact with a global girl audience and to look at the role they can play as global citizens. Specifically, girls will:
- Develop advocacy, leadership and communication skills;
- Identify viable solutions to MDG issues and incorporate them into designs of personal action plans;
- Exchange ideas with external partners;
- Participate in local Take Action projects;
- Review and incorporate action plans developed at Forums held in 2010 and 2011; and
- Participate in Girl Scout 100 Anniversary celebrations.
Each Girl Scout council may send two girls and a young adult chaperone to the conference.
GSCCC will pay the registration fee of $650 (includes food accommodations, and all activity and program costs), as well as $350 toward airfare and other expenses for each girl. Any additional costs will be the responsibility of the girl.
GIRLS INTERESTED IN ATTENDING THIS AMAZING EVENT...
...need to complete the application and return it to: GSCCC, 801 S. Victoria Avenue, Ste. 202, Ventura, CA 93003. Applicants must be registered Girl Scouts between the ages of 14 and 18 in July 2012, and must be willing to share their experience with other girls in our council through a blog and/or other activities. Application deadline is February 5, 2012. Participants will be selected by a committee of staff and volunteers.